In women, transplantation has several special features as follows:
- In women, there are multiple causes of hair loss. These also need to be investigated and treated in addition to transplantation. Hence, transplantation can only cover part of the problem. This is why medical treatment with drugs and PRP is always tried first. Underlying hormonal problems need to be treated if any.
- A woman never becomes completely bald- In women, hair loss is more diffuse and widespread- so the area which is cosmetically significant can be transplanted.
- This means that a perfect and complete coverage is not possible. What is possible is only a cosmetic improvement in the front, depending on the hairstyle of the person. Often women want very high density which may not be possible- hence a realistic expectation is important.
- Women have long hairs and do not accept trimming of hairs. Hence, transplantation should be done amidst these hairs. This is more time-consuming.
- Since women want the hair to be long, results take almost 1½ years, to grow to the required length.
Transplantation in women is a challenging area – We have done hundreds of such transplantation and have large experience in the procedure.
About The Doctor
Dr. Venkataram Mysore was one of the first surgeons to learn this technique in the country. He is an expert in FUTand is one of the most respected Hair Transplant experts in the world. He has edited the first Indian textbook on the subject and is the first and only Indian Dermatologist to be made a fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons.